LIVE Green – Beyond Zero
At LIVE we recognise the global climate and biodiversity crisis as the greatest threat to humanity, and understand the importance of collaboration and community in building a sustainable society. We want to enable all in the live music industry to commit to climate action by providing the necessary support, resources and advice.
LIVE Green aims to collate and provide research, expertise and cross-industry innovation that is informed by the best science and supports the transition to a regenerative future.
Alongside this work, LIVE Green has developed a Vision; a voluntary Declaration that individual businesses may sign up to; and a Purpose statement, that will help shape the group’s work, and define how companies and individuals across the live industry can act and take the lead on this crisis.
All 14 association members of LIVE have ratified the Beyond Zero Declaration to deliver measurable and targeted action on climate change, with the ultimate aim of reaching net zero emissions by 2030.
LIVE Beyond Zero Declaration
I / we will work towards the following:
- Work with LIVE Green to reduce our operational and business travel Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, set reduction targets in line with the LIVE Green vision, measure and report progress annually.
- Develop a net zero roadmap and action plan – taking responsibility for actions in energy, waste, procurement, transport, food and governance.
- Understand and define emissions within our value chain, follow best practice to affect change in areas outside of our direct control and collaborate with suppliers and clients towards the LIVE Beyond Zero Vision
- Ensure our people undertake climate literacy education and have an ongoing commitment to knowledge sharing within the live music sector and beyond.
- Talk to our stakeholders honestly about the impacts of our business on the environment and efforts we are making towards a regenerative future.
Resources & News:
Earth/Percent brings together individuals and organisations committed to climate action
EarthPercent is a charity providing a simple way for the music industry to support the most impactful organisations addressing the climate emergency.
LIVE was delighted to participate in a session on Greening Music Ecosystem with our expert colleagues: Julie’s Bicycle; Music Declares Emergency; AGF (A Greener Festival); Vision 20:25; and Ecolibrium. While we know there is still much more work to be done, the session highlighted the wealth of great initiatives that are underway and a desire to collaborate and standardise output and metrics to allow venues, festival organisers and other actors to make smart decisions. LIVE, through our LIVE Green, LIVE Venues, LIVE Festivals and other groups will be throwing open our network to ensure information flows efficiently and actions are rapid.
The Green Events Code
The Green Events code has been developed by the Vision:2025 group, one of LIVE Green’s members, in consultation with the industry. It is intended to provide clear and robust minimum standards and shared targets for sustainability. They are to be understood and adopted by all stakeholders across the outdoor festival and events industry – event organisers, local authorities and supply chain.
The Code represents a science-based approach, aligned with existing frameworks and initiatives – global, national, and sector specific – see FAQs for list.
Download the Green Events Code (PDF) here: https://bit.ly/GreenEventCodePDF
LIVE Green continues to support efforts that are driving climate action, in 2022 LIVE Green supported the OVERHEATED series hosted by Billie Eilish at the O2 in London. Musicians, designers, and activists from around the world gathered for the event to discuss how we can make the music industry more sustainable.
Read more here: https://www.imoverheated.com