LIVE Green – Beyond Zero
At LIVE we recognise the global climate and biodiversity crisis as the greatest threat to humanity, and understand the importance of collaboration and community in building a sustainable society. We want to enable all in the live music industry to commit to climate action by providing the necessary support, resources and advice.
LIVE Green aims to collate and provide research, expertise and cross-industry innovation that is informed by the best science and supports the transition to a regenerative future.
Alongside this work, LIVE Green has developed a Vision; a voluntary Declaration that individual businesses may sign up to; and a Purpose statement, that will help shape the group’s work, and define how companies and individuals across the live industry can act and take the lead on this crisis.
All 14 association members of LIVE have ratified the Beyond Zero Declaration to deliver measurable and targeted action on climate change, with the ultimate aim of reaching net zero emissions by 2030.
LIVE Beyond Zero Declaration
I / we will work towards the following:
- Work with LIVE Green to reduce our operational and business travel Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, set reduction targets in line with the LIVE Green vision, measure and report progress annually.
- Develop a net zero roadmap and action plan – taking responsibility for actions in energy, waste, procurement, transport, food and governance.
- Understand and define emissions within our value chain, follow best practice to affect change in areas outside of our direct control and collaborate with suppliers and clients towards the LIVE Beyond Zero Vision
- Ensure our people undertake climate literacy education and have an ongoing commitment to knowledge sharing within the live music sector and beyond.
- Talk to our stakeholders honestly about the impacts of our business on the environment and efforts we are making towards a regenerative future.
One of our key commitments is to ensure people undertake climate literacy education and have an ongoing commitment to knowledge sharing within the live music sector and beyond. LIVE Green hosted a series of webinars in June 2021, please find below more details on the subjects and links to each of the webinars.
Wednesday 16 June, 11am: Offices
Tuesday 22 June, 11am: Touring
Thursday 24 June, 11am: Festivals
Tuesday 29 June, 11am: Venues
Wednesday 30 June, 11:30am: Artists & Management