YouTube Music joins LIVE as a founding partner, supporting the UK’s live music industry’s recovery28.10.2021.
- LIVE is trade body for the UK’s live music industry and the voice of over 4,000 artists and 2,000 backstage workers across the £4.6 billion industry
- As a founding member YouTube Music demonstrates their support to the live music industry and will provide both funding and bespoke training to support the post pandemic recovery
- YouTube Music and Google will launch RE:Boot Live in the UK in partnership with LIVE, a series of workshops to support digital education for music venues and post covid economic rebuild.
- The live music industry has been one of the most affected during the Covid-19 pandemic, with a prolonged shutdown of seventeen months leading to an 80% reduction in revenue in 2020
- YouTube Music is one of the largest music streaming platforms with availability in over 100 countries across the globe
LIVE, the voice of the UK’s live music industry, has announced that global music streaming platform YouTube Music has become a founding partner. Following a devastating year for the live music industry, this partnership brings together the strength and expertise of YouTube Music to support the revival of the live music industry.
As part of the partnership, YouTube Music will launch Re:Boot Live in partnership with Grow with Google and LIVE. The program has been developed to support venues reopen in a post covid world and empower them to make the most of the tools Google and YouTube have available. It combines various digital marketing topics such as analytics, online marketing and SEO with practical tools such as event search, YouTube, Google My Business and GPasses. These workshops will ensure the full range of features and benefits that Google and YouTube Music provide are fully utilised by the industry, engaging fans, and driving people back to see their favourite artists. Workshops will start on November 9th and will run for 4 weeks on Tuesday and Thursday at 11 am.
Link to register for workshops https://events.withgoogle.com/reboot-live-uk/
YouTube Music’s partnership with LIVE demonstrates YouTube’s commitment to support the live industry to bounce back from the pandemic as quickly as possible. Alongside the bespoke workshops for all LIVE members, YouTube Music are also providing funding to build upon the success LIVE has already achieved for the industry. In a short space of time LIVE has become the voice of the industry to the Government and the media. LIVE has already secured millions of pounds of support for the industry from the Government and followed every twist and turn of the pandemic securing the best possible conditions for reopening possible.
Prior to the outbreak of the pandemic, the UK’s creative industries were growing at five times the rate of the wider economy. The forced closure of music venues cancelled shows and froze ticket sales, resulted in the toughest year the industry has ever faced.
While the doors of arenas and venues large and small were forced to stay closed, YouTube Music emerged as the world’s biggest virtual stage. YouTube Music’s platform has been used by artists across the world to share their music, stay connected with their fans and raise vital funds for Covid relief.
Greg Parmley, CEO, LIVE, said: “YouTube music is a pioneering platform for fans and artists across the globe, which is why we’re absolutely delighted that they have joined us on our journey to promote and support this much-loved British industry. Through our shared passion, we’ll get artists back on stage and reconnect them with their fans, as we take the sector from strength to strength in the coming years.”
Dan Chalmers, Director of YouTube Music EMEA, said: “Never has it been so important to show our support to the live industry, a vital part of our music ecosystem. Seeing our favourite acts live is irreplaceable and we are fully committed to helping this side of the industry getting back on its feet after a very difficult time”.